What’s Your Favourite Cockapoo Colour?
Cockapoo puppies vary greatly in colour particularly when the first born (F2) is bred back to the parent breed (F1) passing on a more complex genetic code.
(Click on the colour to see a gallery of that colour Cockapoo). Common Cockapoo puppy colours are:
- Tan, beige, or buff
- Red, including auburn and apricot colours
- Brown, varying from light to dark
- Sable, a brown colour with shading in black
- Brindle (subtle tiger stripped)
- Roan (an even mixture of white and pigmented hairs )
- Merle (commonly brown shades mixed with white or cream)
Cockapoo Puppies Can Be Multi Coloured
Two tone Cockapoo puppies are often described as having a “black tuxedo”, for example, if they are predominantly black with a white torso.
Cockapoos often have intricate markings and appear patchy. They can also have freckle type spots called “ticking”.
American Cockapoos can have a merle coat, inherited from the American Cocker Spaniel and not yet seen in the UK. This makes the coat appear to have a mottled affect.